About

Meet the Owners

George & Robin Timko

Having called Cavendish home for almost 40 years, we are honored that our cafe serves as a popular gathering spot for locals and visitors alike. Our vision is simple and straight-forward; we enjoy providing delicious food prepared with care with wholesome ingredients and served in a family-friendly atmosphere. When you stop in, please feel encouraged to introduce yourself and say hello! 

All the best, 

George and Robin Timko, Owners

Crows-Bakery-Timko-Robin-George-Proctorsville-Breakfast-Lunch-Opera-House.jpg

What We Offer

We choose to use the best ingredients in our products, many are organically grown. Genetically modified or irradiated foods, hydrogenated oils, or trans fats are not used in our food preparation. We are proud to source local Vermont ingredients when we can, including King Arthur Flour, Grafton Village Cheese, and Mountain Grove Coffee.

Have a special occasion? We fulfill custom orders of cakes, pies, and cookies for birthdays, weddings, and other celebrations. Please call us at (802) 226-7007 or send us a message via the form at the bottom of this page. 


Our History

 

Crows Corner Bakery was started in 1998 up the street. Quickly outgrowing the space, we acquired the opera house in 2003 and reopened as Crows Bakery and Opera House Cafe.

The Opera House was built in 1905, a regular stop for touring theatrical companies. Later, a projection booth was added to bring movies to town. 

From the Cavendish Historical Society's records: 
 

"Built in 1907-1908 by Will Adams, postmaster. The first floor housed a hardware store, library and post office. The second floor contained a stage and a hall. The third floor had a larger meeting hall and a kitchen. In 1919, the building was purchased as part of the Murdock Mill. In 1921, Cavendish Grange 275 moved to the Opera House. The building has been sold and resold over the years. In 1930’s, the building had a pool table and two bowling lanes and a boxing ring. In 1941, it was sold to the Proctorsville Library and in 1946 the American Legion purchased the building for the returning veterans of WWII. The building was open 24 hours a day, six days a week. Over the years, the building has been a hub of activity for the town, providing a place for plays, school functions, movies and even a 5 & 10 ¢ Store."


Contact Us

Have a special event on the horizon? We create made-to-order pies, cakes, cupcakes for weddings, birthdays and other occasions. Please feel free to call us at (802) 226-7007 or use the contact form here to send us a message.

Send Us a Message

Name *
Name